© NGC Innovation Development Team
We are committed to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal data.
Last Update, October 2020
The data controller is NGC AS (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”).
We are committed to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal information. That’s why we’ve developed this privacy and cookies policy (“Policy”), which:
sets out the types of personal information that we collect
explains how and why we collect and use your personal information
explains when and why we will share personal information within the NGC AS and with other organizations; and
explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information.
We collect your Personal Information through this website, social media, email, and apps.
We use your Personal Information for legitimate business interests;
We only disclose it when necessary;
We only collect what we need, we delete it when we no longer need it, and we use reasonable measures to keep it secure;
To request to access, correct, or delete your Personal Information, or to withdraw consent (where applicable) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”).
3. Through our social media pages and apps (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”).
Collectively, we refer to the Sites, the Apps, and our Social Media Pages, as the “Services”
"Personal Information" is information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual's identity, either alone or when combined with other information that is linked or linkable to a specific individual. Categories of Personal Information we collect include:
1. Identifiers, such as name and online identifiers.
2. Personal information, such as name, contact information, payment card number, preferences and interests, and demographic information.
3. Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website.
4. Geolocation data, such as IP location.
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
1. Through the Sites: We collect Personal Information through the Sites, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, download a publication, register for an event, or request information.
2. Offline: We collect Personal Information from you offline, e.g., when you attend an event.
3. From Other Sources: We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example: publicly available databases, joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us, sales channel partners and demand generation companies.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. Other information we collect include:
Browser and device information, application usage data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies, demographic information and other information provided by you, aggregated information.
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
1. Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, referring URL, and the name and version of the Sites (such as the mobile application) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Sites function properly.
2. Through your use of an App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
3. IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Sites. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
4. From you: Information such as your preferred means of communication collected when you voluntarily provide it.
We may use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes including:
Providing the functionality of the Sites and fulfilling your requests.
1. To provide the Sites’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account when applying for a position and providing you with related customer service.
2. To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments, or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about our Sites.
3. To complete your transactions and provide you with related customer service.
4. To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
5. To allow you to send messages to another person if you choose to do so.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
1. To send you marketing-related emails, with information about our Sites, new products, and other news about our company.
2. To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest or with your consent (where required).
Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
1. To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Sites.
2. To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
3. To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Sites that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any business purpose.
Accomplishing our business purposes.
*For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Sites.
*For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements.
*For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
*For developing new products and services.
*For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services.
*For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Sites are of most interest to users.
*For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
*For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Sites are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
2. To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us, including website hosting, data analysis, information technology, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
3. To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Sites.
Other Uses and Disclosures
1. To comply with applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence.
2. To respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
3. To cooperate with law enforcement to enforce our terms and conditions; and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others.
4. In connection with a sale or business transaction. We have a legitimate business interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.)
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any business purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we combine Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Third Party Sites
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact” menu option of the main menu.
Choices and Access
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by following the instructions contained in each email. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that, if you opt out, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at email@example.com or call +4745833904. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
1. The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Sites to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Sites).
2. Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them).
3. Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
Third Party Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
You may receive advertisements based on information relating to your access to and use of the Sites and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on information received from third parties. These companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
Use of the Site by Minors
The Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from such children.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, trade union membership, or criminal background) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
This Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy (“CST Policy”) describes the different types of cookies and similar technologies that are used on www.ngcinnovation.com (“Site”) of (NGC AS). We may change this CST Policy at any time. Please take a look at the “LAST REVISED” legend at the top of this page to see when this CST Policy was last revised. Any changes in this CST Policy will become effective when we make the revised CST Policy available on or through the Site.If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at the following address: 2 Kanalsletta Str, Sola, 4033 Stavanger Norway.
What are Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit our Site. Cookies keep us informed of which areas of the Site are most useful and which areas need improvement. They are used to facilitate navigation, optimize technical architecture, and enhance the Site with new features and capabilities. Cookies can also be used to deliver more relevant advertising to our visitors. Also used for this purpose, we also use technologies similar to cookies, such as pixel tags.
What Cookies and Similar Technologies Do We Use?
Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) are used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Site, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Site and response rates.
Browser or Device Information. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Site you are using. Analytics systems like Google record this data to ensure that the Site functions properly on all devices.
Physical Location. Site analytics will collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or WiFi signals. This can be used to provide you with location-based services and content. We also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Most modern browsers can either allow or deny the detection of your device’s location.
Device Fingerprinting.We may also use other technologies that are similar to cookies in order to best offer you content that will interest you based on prior activity on the Site, to better prevent fraud, and for authentication purposes. For example, we may gather device attributes and combine information collected by most browsers or automatically through your device to create a unique ID that identifies your browser or device to us with reasonable certainty.
How Do I Manage Cookies?
Unless you have set your browser to automatically refuse them, cookies will be created on your system the second you visit our site. You can refuse or accept cookies from the Site at any time by changing the settings on your browser. Information on how to enable or disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via the help menu. You can also learn more how to control and delete cookies here: https://www.allaboutcookies.org
If you want to clear all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, here are three options of programs that will clean tracking cookies from your device:
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), we are providing the following additional details regarding the categories of Personal Information about California residents that we have collected or disclosed within the preceding 12 months: We collected the following categories of Personal Information:
4. Credit or debit card numbers.
5. Geolocation data, such as IP location.
As described above, we collect this Personal Information from you and from other categories of sources: publicly available databases, sales channel partners, demand generation companies and joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us. Also as described above, we may use this Personal Information to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including, for example, using Personal Information to: develop, improve, repair, and maintain our products and services; personalize, advertise, and market our products and services; conduct research, analytics, and data analysis; maintain our facilities and infrastructure; undertake quality and safety assurance measures; conduct risk and security control and monitoring; detect and prevent fraud; perform identity verification; perform accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations; comply with law, legal process, and internal policies; maintain records; and exercise and defend legal claims.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
1. Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
a. The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information.
b. The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
c. The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such Personal Information (if applicable).
2. Delete Personal Information we collected from you.
To make a request for the disclosures or deletion described above, please contact us in accordance with the “Choices and Access” section above. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Copyright © NGC AS. All Rights Reserved.